When ever you eat at some fast food joints that make use of deep fryers, what is one thing that you usually look forward to? You may be looking forward to eating fried chicken. One of the things that you would like to cook with a deep fryer is fried chicken. Just imagine if you would be able to cook it at home, you do not need to go to the fast food joint ever again because you may develop a recipe that will allow you to cook the fried chicken with the taste that you have always wanted.
Fried chicken is a treat that a lot of people enjoy all over the world. They may come in different tastes and they may come with different sauces so that people can enjoy them more but one thing that cannot be denied is the fact that they would need to be deep fried so that they can taste as well as you would like them to be.
If you would be able to cook them appropriately, you can be sure that sooner or later, your family will request to have your recipe cooked repeatedly but you have to make sure that you will use the appropriate fryer to help you out.
You have to remember that the ingredients that you will decide to place will always depend on your taste but the most common ingredients that you can place to make your fried chicken taste great are the following:
- Chicken (The part/s of the chicken that you are going to pick will depend on you.)
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic and Onion Powder
- Oil (Remember that the type of oil that you are going to pick will also depend on what you possibly need.
Once again, you may change the ingredients that you are going to place depending on your preference. For instance, you may want to place some hot sauce if you think that it should be a bit spicy.
Once you have all the ingredients ready, the next thing that you have to do is make sure that you will be able to cook the chicken appropriately.
- You would have to combine buttermilk, your salt and pepper and all the other flavorings that you would like to place on your chicken. For instance, you may want to place some herbs and flavorings to make it taste well.
- Place the chicken on the bowl where you have combined all of your ingredients.
- Cover the bowl with the chicken and place the chicken on the fridge for a few hours. You may also choose to place it overnight.
- When you like to cook your chicken already, you can take it out of the fridge first and let it be the same with your current room temperature. If there are some items that are still floating, you would have to remove them.
- Place the amount of oil that you would need depending on what your deep fryer allows. Remember that this can change from one deep fryer to another. Set your deep fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the flour, cornmeal and salt and pepper together. From where you have set your chicken, you would have to fully coat the chicken parts before you place them on your fryer. Remember that you would need to dry the chicken first before placing it on the fryer. This will make it more effective.
- You can then cook the chicken fryer for about 10 – 12 minutes depending on the parts of the chicken that you are going to cook and how big your chicken is. You have to remember that your chicken has to be of a certain temperature to be sure that it is already cooked well.
- You would have to place the chicken on a rack with paper towels to help soak the oil. This way, you can be sure that the chicken will not be too soggy and oily when you eat it.
If you would like to make the chicken crispy, you can double the amount of batter that you are going to place to make it crispier than usual. Have great tasting fried chicken every time you would like it at the comfort of your own home.